Garden Birdhouses Stamp Set
To Make This Card You Will Need the Following Items:
The first thing you will want to do is cut your Whisper White Cardstock in half so that it measures 5 ½ by 8 ½ inches. You can do this with the Stampin Trimmer or a pair of scissors. Then score at 4 1/4” and fold your card in half. Set aside.
Cut the rest of the paper pieces. The Stampin Trimmer is a great tool to both cut and score with! You just have to be careful not to use the cutting blade when scoring.
Use your Happy Birthday stamp or any other sentiment that you may want to use, and with the Memento Tuxedo Black Ink stamp the sentiment on the Mint Macaron piece of cardstock. After that adhere the Mint Macaron strip to the small piece of basic black cardstock being careful to center so that you have an even border on the top and bottom.
At this point, stamp the inside of your card with a sentiment of your choosing or stamp with a flower or both before adhering the panel for the front of your card.
I used this stamp in the right bottom corner of the inside of my card as well as in the right bottom corner of my envelope. It adds a nice touch.
The reason for this is that if you should smear the ink or not get good coverage you can always get another piece of Whisper White Cardstock and make another base without losing all the work you did putting together the front of the card.
Now you can loop your mini-sequins and with mini glue dots adhere to the Mint Macaron just beside the sentiment. Follow by making your bow out of the tulle and placing on top of the sequins with mini-glue dots.
The only thing left is to mail your card and put a smile on someones face!
1. Take the vellum with birds stamped on it and color it with the Stampin Blends from the wrong side of the vellum. Coloring from the wrong side will give your card a softer look.
2. Once you are finished coloring your vellum, take a piece of Soft Sea Foam Cardstock and cut to 5 1/2 ” by 8 1/2″. Score your cardstock at 4 1/4″ on the 8 1/2″ side.. Fold in half and burnish.
3. If you want a sentiment on the inside, now is the time to stamp the inside of your card. You can stamp directly onto the inside of the card base or you may want to add a piece of cardstock and some sort of design. You can do whatever you like. Finishing the inside is usually less work than the outside therefore if you make a boo boo inside you can start over without having to redo the front of your card. There are ways to fix smudged ink, etc. One can always layer on top of the problem. Don’t start over unless you have too!
4. For the front of your card use your Stampin Trimmer to cut a 1/4″ border from your black piece of cardstock. Just line up your cardstock and cut 1/4″ from the edge turning it as you get to the corner. Start at 1/4″ from the end of the cardstock and stop 1/4″ away from the other end. Turn and do another side until all four sides are cut. This is where your Stampin Trimmer works really well. You can cut your border and it will be in one piece when finished.
5. Place the border on top of the vellum positioning as you would like your card to look. Cut away the excess vellum. Now apply glue to the black cardstock border and carefully place the border on top of the vellum. Glue will show on your vellum if you get glue on the vellum by accident. Now put glue on the underside of the vellum just around the underside of the border. Place the vellum with border on the front of your card base. You should have a border of about 1/4″ of the Soft Sea Foam card base showing. As long as it you are careful to only put glue underneath the border your vellum will be held in place and look beautiful.
6. Now it is time to put on the finishing touches. I used the Happy Birthday sentiment from the Very Vintage Stamp Set and used Memento Tuxedo Black Ink to stamp the sentiment onto a small scrap piece of Soft Sea Foam Cardstock. Next I used the Classic Punch to punch out the sentiment. I took the stamped sentiment and layed it on a slightly larger piece of black cardstock and cut the black cardstock slightly larger than the sentiment creating a narrow border. I glued the sentiment on top of the black piece and then put about 3 Stampin Dimensionals on the black cardstock and placed it above the birds on my card front.
7. Finally I placed some bling on the bottom of the card. I thought it made the bottom look like a row of candles. This is of course optional.
Contact me if you have any questions and I will be glad to help as much as I can.